January 26, 2014

In My Mailbox *4*



In My Mailbox was invented by  The Story Siren.

_____________________________

After more than three months without any update of my bookshelf, here is a new In My Mailbox... and quite a big one, as it was my birthday and Christmas... 

***

[I now have 325 books in my bookshelf. To see which ones, click here!]


 
First of all, I have received three books in French from partners... One because I was selected for Jeudis critiques, one because I was selected for Babelio's masse critique and one because I saw a post of author Pierre Thiry who was looking for bloggers to review his book.




For the Advent period, Patty, my friend who own Aux 1001 histoires, prepared a lovely Advent calendar for me. I received a nice present every day, including two bookmarks that she cross-stiched herself and a book. Thanks Patty ;)

Sheila O'Flanagan Stand by me




At the beginning of December, I received several books for my birthday as well as the Clave Spanish dictionary I had wanted for so long (thanks mum) : my friend Cloé bought me Le combat d'hiver, my friend Patty (yes, she is amazing) the first book of the Tintenwelt series (in German) and my aunt gave me an amazing old book, La Case de l'Oncle Tom.

Harriet Beecher-Stowe ❖ La case de l'Oncle Tom
Cornelia Funke ❖ Tintenherz (Tintenwelt-Trilogie #1)
Jean-Claude Mourlevat Le combat d'hiver




For Christmas, I received two more books : Gleis 4 (in German) from my grandfather and Les Revenants (in French) from my father... Both are crime books!

Franz Hohler ❖ Gleis 4
Laura Kasischke ❖ Les revenants







Another wonderful book I was supposed to receive for Christmas (but it arrived late) is Peter May's Hebrides, which contains photos and comments about the places where his Lewis Trilogy takes place.

Peter May ❖Hebrides



Although that was already quite a lot (especially given how full my TBR shelf is), I bought two more books... A crime book which I have wanted for a very long time and another funny one about French and English language and expressions.

Michel Bussi ❖ >> Un avion sans elle <<
Jean-Loup Chiflet ❖ Sky my husband - ciel mon mari







I also received a book in English for a partnership. This time, it is a children's book.

Anabelle Valenzuela Alarcon ❖ >> The day an angel ran into my room <<










No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Design by Laraemilie